SLACRSA follows the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
- We do not collect any more personally identifiable information about you than is necessary;
- We do not keep your personally identifiable information if it is no longer required; and
Information We Collect
We collect personally identifiable information from you if you request information from us, sign up to join our email lists, make a reservation with us, register for an account, participate in our promotions, such as competitions, take our surveys, use our products and services, contact us about a reservation, or email, call or otherwise communicate with us. In order for you to initiate or complete a reservation with us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you whilst confirming a reservations enquiry, including your contact information (such as name, email, home address and identification number) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date).
If you make a reservation for someone else, we will also collect the name and address of that person so that we can provide them with the services requested. When you provide us with this information we will only use it for the specific reason for which it is collected.
SLACRSA automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, domain type, browser version, service provider, cookies, and the pages you request.
How We Use Your Information
Information we collect may be used in the following ways:
- To respond to your requests or inquiries.
- To process and complete your transactions, including, as applicable, customer service, reservation confirmation, billing, delivering products or services, and otherwise fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
- With your consent, to provide you with newsletters, articles, alerts and announcements.
- With your consent, to share promotions
- With your consent, to conduct market research.
- To analyse transactions and purchase histories to improve our product and service offerings.
- As necessary to verify and validate your identity.
- To keep records of our interactions with you if you make a reservation or otherwise deal with our representatives.
- To prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of personally identifiable information, our Site or data systems.
- To carry out our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights.
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide your personally identifiable information to us.
You have the right to request a copy of any personally identifiable information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your personally identifiable information, please contact us using the contact information provided. We may request proof of your identity before sharing such information. If you discover that the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you may ask us to correct that information.
You may ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you in certain circumstances. It may not be possible for us to delete all of the information we hold about you where we are fulfilling a transaction or have a legal obligation to retain the information, however please contact us to discuss how we can assist you with your request.
When we process your information on the basis that you have consented to such processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent, or ask us to stop or restrict processing the personally identifiable information we have about you.
You may also ask us to transfer your personally identifiable information to a third party in certain circumstances.
Please direct any questions, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, to +27 (21) 203 0111 or Info@slacrsa.com
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as otherwise legally required or permitted.
If you receive marketing emails from us you can unsubscribe to our emails by clicking “unsubscribe” within each email. You may not opt-out of service-related communications, which are not promotional in nature.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
As is true of most Sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files in order to analyse trends in the aggregate and administer the site. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system and date/time stamp.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We use session ID cookies to track your login status. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use persistent cookies to track your activity on the Site as well as to serve you with relevant advertisements from SLACRSA on unrelated websites.
You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. Click here for more information on cookies, including how to disable them. If you choose to disable cookies, it may limit your use of certain features or functions on our Site or service. To manage Flash cookies, please click here.
We also use Google Analytics to provide us with information about how visitors engage with the Site so that we can improve it. You may choose to opt out of Google Analytics and still have full access to the Sites. Further information about Google Analytics, and how to opt out, can be found here.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Our practices with respect to the disclosure of personally identifiable information include the following:
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties with your express consent.
- We share your personally identifiable information with our parent company, affiliated businesses, and with the vendor(s) whose products you purchase, for their use in a manner described in this Policy.
- We use third party service providers to assist us in providing our services and Sites, including database backup providers to protect our data, and a fraud prevention service.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf or for your benefit. We may utilize the services of third parties to verify customer data, or to supplement other information we have collected. We may also contract with third parties to host our Site and to conduct market research. All service providers are authorized to use your personally identifiable information only as necessary to provide their respective services to us, and are obligated to protect your personally identifiable information under contract terms which are no less protective than those set forth in this Policy.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law, such as to comply with a summons or other legal process, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or compelled to a government request.
- Your personally identifiable information may be disclosed as part of a corporate business transaction, such as an acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of our assets, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. It may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
- We will use reasonable efforts to direct any such transferee to use your personally identifiable information in a manner that is consistent with our privacy notice.
- You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any resulting choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information.
The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us. When you are required to enter sensitive information such as credit card number we provide a link to a Virtual Card Services provider who is committed to providing secure online transactions. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing the transaction The Merchant does not have access to credit card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The information we collect about you is stored in our secure server. We maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. We retain personally identifiable information only as long as necessary to complete a purchase, thwart fraud, or provide customer service.
Links to Other Sites
If you click on a link to a third-party site you will leave our site and go to the site you selected. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we cannot accept responsibility for any use of your personally identifiable information by such third parties, and we cannot guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy practices as us. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any other sites you visit or service provider from whom you request services.
Changes to This privacy notice